‘Filthy mouthed’ PARROT is headed to the stand in murder trial: Prosecutors refuse to rule out calling bird who yells ‘don’t shoot’ after seeing his owner ‘killing her husband’
- Martin Duram, 45, was shot dead in his Michigan home in May 2015
- His wife, Glenna Duram, 46, had been shot in the head also, but survived
- She has since recovered and denies killing her husband
- His parents say Martin’s pet parrot, Bud, would mimic everything he said
- The bird has been saying for the last year: ‘Don’t f—ing shoot’
- They believe these to be his last words, and that Glenna shot him
- A local prosecutor said Bud could be called to the stand
- A preliminary hearing witness described how the home looked ‘ransacked’
A woman accused of killing her husband in an attempted murder-suicide – with their pet parrot as the only witness – appeared in court for the first time.
Glenna Duram, 46, is charged with first-degree murder for allegedly shooting her husband, Martin, 45, on May 12, 2015 and then turning the gun on herself in their Newaygo County’s Ensley Township home in Michigan. She survived.
The alleged murder-suicide has drawn attention for its unusual witness – the couple’s pet parrot. Weeks after his death, Martin Duram’s family recorded the bird ‘parroting’ what they believe to be the victim’s last words: ‘Don’t f***ing shoot!’
The prosecutor says he hasn’t ruled out putting the African grey parrot, Bud, on the stand, according to NBC News.
Scroll down for video
Glenna Duram, above left, appeared at a preliminary hearing Friday in the first degree killing of her husband, Martin, pictured right, in 2015
A prosecutor says he hasn’t ruled out putting African grey parrot, Bud, pictured, who is the only witness, on the stand
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3996330/Woman-charged-killing-husband-shooting-head-appears-court-prosecutor-call-filthy-mouthed-parrot-Bud-witnessed-murder-stand.html#ixzz4RnHIqoDr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook