Follow Mystic Post on Facebook

“If I stayed back home instead of going to the United States, maybe Our Lady would still be appearing to me.” – Jakov Colo, Medjugorje visionary

By Daniel Klimek

When I first visited Medjugorje, four years ago in the summer of 2008, I got the chance to spend some time with Draga Vidovic. Draga is not only a witness to the events in Medjugorje during the early years of the apparitions, but also an author and the cousin of the visionary Vicka. I found Draga to be very insightful. She spoke about the events in Medjugorje more astutely than most people do, being able to make fascinating connections that few ever notice.

Follow Us  on Facebook Thanks!

For example, she told me that one of the 10 secrets of Medjugorje may very well involve the United States since Jakov Colo, the youngest visionary, received his tenth secret from Our Lady when he came to visit100slavko-i-vidioci the United States in 1998. It’s an observation that perhaps goes unnoticed by too many Americans. Incidentally, it was on September 11th, 1998 — exactly three years before one of the most tragic days in American history — that Our Lady appeared to Jakov, in Florida, announcing that Jakov should prepare in prayer for the following evening, when She would share with him the tenth and final secret he was to receive.

Jakov himself, knowing that with the reception of his tenth secret his daily apparitions would end, has testified: “If I stayed back home instead of going to the United States, maybe Our Lady would still be appearing to me.”

“But all that is part of God’s plan,” Draga wrote, as she recorded Jakov’s testimony in her book Salvation of Mankind.

Draga — as our conversation four years ago revealed — believes that Jakov’s tenth secret will involve the United States, and therefore it was no coincidence that he received it when visiting America. Jakov’s own words, supposing that Our Lady may have still continued appearing to him if he had not visited the United States in 1998, strongly supports this possibility.

What is perhaps most serious, in this context, is what little the visionaries have said about their final secrets. The visionaries have, on numerous occassions, alluded to severe chastisements that are connected to the final secrets of Medjugorje — the visionary Mirjana Soldo has especially testified that the final secrets must transpire, that these chastisements are not irreversable. In an early interview she emphasized that the tenth secret “is terrible and nothing can alter it. It will happen.” Of course, whether the visionaries are receiving the same secrets or different ones is difficult to say since secrets are secrets.

Interestingly, Mirjana — who was chosen by Our Lady to reveal the secrets to the world one day through a priest — was with Jakov in the United States in 1998. The two visionaries traveled to numerous churches in Florida, spreading the Madonna’s messages. Jakov during that time also spoke in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, where 70,000 people gathered to hear of Medjugorje.

Shortly after receiving his final secret and final daily apparition, Jacov had an emotional conversation with the late Fr. Slavko Barbaric, in which he revealed: “It was the hardest day for me. I thought of so many questions,what my life would be like from now onwards. How am I going to go on? I can say that I grew up with Our Lady. I was ten She started appearing to me, and the most important things I was able to learn about God and faith were from Her. She was like a mother to me, like a true friend. But I need to say that Our Lady gave me strength to overcome all of the difficulties I was facing. I realized that it was far more important to see Our Lady with our hearts, rather than with our eyes.”

More on the 1O secrets of Medjugorje

Please Like Mystic Post on Facebook

12 thoughts on “Visionary Jacov Received 10th and Final Secret in The United States “It was the hardest day for me”

• Visionary Jacov Received 10th and Final Secret in The United States "It was the hardest day for me"
    June 1, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Medugorje is the GREATEST grace of our TIMES. We should get down on our knees Five times of Day and thank God for letting His mother visit us and give us a helping hand. America is in pretty bad shape so is Europe and Russia please God will come to our Aid, is if we don’t do ourselves in before they arrive to put us back on track by putting God in His rghtful place which is in the FIRST PLACE!

June 2, 2016 at 12:12 am

It’s So disheartening how the Vatican has decided to not declare Medigorie as true. Why would God allow His Mother to reveal herself and then have the church herself practically disavow it?

June 18, 2016 at 9:59 am

For the same reasons they wont approve other apparitions ie. Bayside. If you can accept it for one apparition and not your own, I ask you why?

August 14, 2016 at 12:48 pm

I went to bayside years ago, as I was brought up catholic, had 12 yrs. catholic education but because of Vatican 2, I slipped away from the Church.
        I came across an ad in a rag mag re: Apostles of Our Lady?; re: apparitions of Bayside, when I returned home from Brasil.

It slowly changed my life and I returned to the catholic Church.
        I agree.

June 23, 2016 at 2:42 pm

It is not up to us to make the decision as to whether the “apparitions” are true. It is the Church who decides. Why would God allow this? It is because too many people have made their decision on the events and are not allowing God to show us the truth through His Church. If it is of God then it will be shown to be. If it is not… Thank God for the Church!

August 13, 2016 at 11:21 am

No we want our Lady to have the freedom to help us. We don’t want the control of the church! I extend to you “Our Lady’s special Blessing”, go spread her messages. Help her save our Nation!

Pray for Oklahoma!

Check out http://www.mej.com

August 14, 2016 at 7:17 am

We are living the turbulence spoken of at San Sebastian de Garabandal. Our Lady of Mt Carmel please intercede for us.

June 2, 2016 at 3:55 pm

The Vatican must take it time, I’m somewhat happy it has not decided yet as it gives more people a chance to go out for themselves. God’s TIME is not our time, praise God. We are living in very interesting times and exciting ones as well. We must wait on God’s time as it gives us more time to pray as Our Lady Queen of Peace, asks, Pray for our Shepards and For Those Who Have Yet To Experience God’s Love. Very difficute times as well but with the grace of God everything will work out as God plans.

June 23, 2016 at 7:14 pm

The Church MUST take its time as there are so so many faults apparitions sites out there. God’s time is not always our time. Look at Fatima which Medugorje is a continuation of as Our Lady Queen of Peace has said. Our Lady took the two young seer who were cousins Jacinta and Francisco very young and told Lucy she will have to stay a little longer. A little longer, Fatima begain 1917. Sr Lucy was not taken home until 2005 that’s 88 years late. I hope Our Lady never asks me to wait at a Bus Stop for her. I believe in Medugorje 100 percent and the very sad thing is that when the Church approves a site, say like Lourdes, Fatima, Knock and other sites one does NOT have to believe, since its not a Dogma of the Church. Just be thankful its still on going as the World needs Our Lady’s help more than ever especially American, Europe , Middle East, Northern Africa and on and on. We should be praying for THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO EXPERIENCE GOD’S LOVE., as we have been asked as well as for our shepards who have a most differcult time at this time. God Bless

August 13, 2016 at 9:02 am

Reading a few of the comments makes me realized why there is so much war…..Everyone needs to be quite, pray, be humble and listen….You are worried about the “Church” giving thumbs up or down…..You all are the Church, the word is alive….God is in us and we are in him, that is all he wants….To be loved. How can you be of love when you are judging and pointing figures and speaking demon tongued politics…..Stop it you vipers and repent your ways, work on yourself…..

August 13, 2016 at 12:24 pm

I like what Andy Hickey had to say, All God wants is to be loved and for us all to Love Him and Love our neighbor! Those are the two greatest commandments! As Andy said WE are the Church, and its up to us all to live in that manner and way. Indeed we all have to work on ourselves first and foremost. Thank you Andy for your great wisdom please keep me in your prayers as I will you!

August 30, 2016 at 11:54 am

I pray the Blessed Mothers prayers will be answered and we would have the time of Peace promised as per Fatima.